Friday, June 11, 2010

.fifteen.

Triangle Park - 5.28.10

Lexington, KY

w/ Some Kid (sorry!), Laura Stevenson and the Cans, American War, Sean Bonnette

So that last post I made... I totally lied on one part. After the show at Al's Bar, there was a low key acoustic show at Triangle Park in Lexington. It was really nice to see everyone from the show at Al's Bar slowly hover over to the park for even more music.

The first boy to play, I unfortunately did not catch his name. He spoke very softly, which matched his music. Nice laid back tunes from a local Lexington kid. Super bummed I didn't catch his name. Sorry!!



Second was about 3 songs from Laura Stevenson and the Cans. It was really surreal to hear such professional musicians in such a relaxed setting. Laura Stevenson totally ascends any other musician at Crucial Fun Fest. I mean, we're all punk kids who happen to play music, but Laura and the Cans are like... MUSICIANS. They made me feel like I was at a Broadway musical. But yeah, great "set." Gave me duh shivers.



Third was American War. American War is Matt from the Sidekicks. American War basically sounds like a more chill version of the Sidekicks... which, judging from my latter comments, means it's siiick. Matt's got such an amazing voice. SUCH RANGE ON THAT BOY! Check his stuff out on If You Make It.



Lastly was Sean Bonnette of Andrew Jackson Jihad playing some acoustic covers. I honestly don't even remember what covers he played, but he's also a "musician," so I was just honored to be witnessing him play. A great way to end the day.



Mkay, THEN we went to Waffle House n' Jon's n' bed.

stay sweaty!

No comments:

Post a Comment